March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

This is my Hubby's special day, and he gets to be the poster boy and the topic of today's post. (I'm sure he'll be thrilled.) I was 31 and had never been married; I was still living at home helping to take care of my Mom, who was in a wheelchair by that time. I had already resigned myself to the fact that I might not ever find "Mr. Right". I read a book on prayer once that said if you wanted to really see God's infinite power at work, then be specific in what you asked Him for. Well, I sort of scoffed at first, but then the more I thought about it, I said, "Why not? " So, one night I prayed that if it was God's plan for me to meet a good Christian man someday, this was what I wanted. I proceeded to tell God everything I wanted my dream man to be, and I mean I got real specific, right down to the dark hair and moustache. (swoon) Six months later, we met. One year to the day of our first date, we were married. And, best of all, God went above and beyond for me (as usual) because I was blessed with someone even better than I asked for.
"I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications." Psalms 116:1

9 comments:

  1. Awww! Happy Birthday to your dh!!! That is fantastic! I am so glad God answered your prayer and brought you the love of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, James
    We are glad Paula found you too - Happy Birthday
    We Love you Both,

    Your uncle Al and Aunt Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm new at blogging and stumbled upon your site. I'm also a farm gal and love just about any kind of animal. Congratulations on finding the man of your dreams, that is so sweet. Stop by my blog site sometime where we may share a few farm happinings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the sweetest story i've ever heard. and it shows the power that believing has. i thought i was never going to be truely happy and had been married and divorced twice. then i got together with mike and have been amazingly happy since. it is possible. but i think that as sweet as you are, it was bound to happen. i believe in god's plan and how it is engraved in stone by our maker. i think that's destiny. and you have found your destiny. congratulations to you both.

    happy birthday, farm dude.
    you are one lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just melted my heart and any man that wears them overalls has got to be special! That was my hubby's uniform for years! Happy Birthday to the "answer"! Ain't God GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious story of God's provision ... even down to the mustache! I am touched beyond words and you can be sure I will be sharing this story with my boys tonight!

    God is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed....God is so good.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.
    I hope you both enjoyed a most special day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful story of how God answers prayer. Marriage is so beautiful when it is God's plan!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prayed a similar prayer as a young woman and here I am married to a great guy for 34 years...except I prayed for a blonde with blue eyes and a big family (he's one of 10) God does answer specific prayers!
    Hope yours had a great day..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~ I would love to hear from you!