March 10, 2017

A long time coming....

So much time has gone by.... where do I start? If anyone is still out there, I'll just say for the record that although I've been away from my blog for what seems like forever... I never forgot about it- or all my blog friends either.
I'll try to give an update on what's been going on around the Fraker Farm for the past year... I almost always talked to my dad several times a week, and in February of 2016 I had tried to call my dad for a couple of days but he never answered his phone. It was not unusual for him to not to answer on the first few tries because sometimes he just didn't hear the phone ring or he was outside when I called, but he always called me back after seeing my number on his caller ID. When he didn't return my calls, I started to worry. I drove to his house to check on him the next morning (I live almost an hour away) and found him on the floor. He had been there for at least 24-36 hours, judging by the condition of his clothes. He was alive, but very disoriented and dehydrated. It was terribly sad to see him in that condition....
After a week in the hospital and another two weeks at Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center in Knoxville, my husband and I brought him home to live with us. It was without a doubt one of the hardest things I've ever decided to do, but at the same time, the most rewarding. It was not without many days of frustration, for my daddy, and for me, but in the end, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to spend time with him because, unbeknownst to my hubby and I, my dad was in renal failure. After another stint in the hospital and a short time in hospice care, he passed away at our home at the age of 81.
I've felt the need for a while to start blogging again, if for no other reason but to have an "online journal" of sorts. It makes it easier for me to keep track of things these days- as I found out in 2016 when the days all seem to run together and life is on autopilot- and it's nice to have some reference points and milestones recorded somewhere to look back on. So, maybe I'll just be blogging for me, but I hope someone is out there still reading and keeping up with me. *wink* I'll give more updates another time, but just in case you're wondering, Lily, the sheepies, and those crazy chickens are all still living the good life.
I'll stop right here for now, but I'm going to leave a few photos of my Dad on here today.
Miss you, daddy...
Love,
Your little girl.










17 comments:

  1. I am here and so sorry to hear this about your dad. I really like the photo of him on the tractor. I agree that the blog helps us keep up with our lives when our memories fail us. welcome back, and I know your heart still hurts. give sweet Lily a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here Paula and I'm so sorry to hear . I lost my dad and mom and know how broken hearted you are. Just know, you are not alone . We are here for you anytime you need to vent. i do that quite often myself these days. Praying for you. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful surprise to see your post tonight!! I've thought of you so much. I can understand why you haven't written in a while; family needs must come first, always. I'm sorry to hear that your dad passed away. And I admire you greatly for taking him into your home to spend his last days. We'll all be here, waiting for your next "visit". Love to you. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte~ I've thought about you many times too! ;)

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to read about the loss of your dad. Those are precious pictures. Hugs from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it is about time. But, I know the feeling of not blogging. Seems most of the blogs I follow(ed) stopped; just as I do from time to time. Time speeds by and, well, it's gone. Sorry for your loss. Keep up. Type on. Move ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THere is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3
    So life has it's seasons and you've just come through one of the really hard ones. Bless you and I'm still out here - haven't blogged for several years but will be glad to see posts from you about all your critters and crafts! Bless you from Texas gal -

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gotta type through some tears, but that's ok....parts of what you wrote are ringing in my head, as my own parents are getting to the point of needing lots of help. I know there's a lot of emotion ~ don't know what else to say, except at times I have thought of you and prayed for you. I know the Lord put you on my mind.
    I'm SO GLAD you are back to blogland!!!!
    I love you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweetie. You've been in my thoughts a lot, too.

      Delete
  8. Oh hey there little girl!! Always knew you'd blog someday...Jusn not this way.
    SO sorry for your loss sweetheart. I know your loss...so sad.
    Sending prayer and hugs for you!
    (((((HUG)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Paula,
    I have always loved your blog and all your beautiful photos over many years.
    Im so pleased but sad also that I checked in on your blog today.
    I've always enjoyed it. I'm so sorry for your loss your dad. And even though its a difficult time, that time spent caring for him and being with him till the end of his life here on earth will be treasured by you always.We did the same for our mum 3 years ago and I'm still very grateful for the opportunity. I miss her so. Hugs and blessings to you, James and your lovely animal family. I hope to see you here again soon. Donna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~ I would love to hear from you!