October 20, 2008

A Dog Tag- all about Smokey

*We interrupt our regularly scheduled post for a guest blogger... Smokey, our fierce and loyal watchdog, has been tagged by Bassie and Lady from Tracey's blog (I am Me) to tell 6 things about himself. So without further delay, here's Smokey's answers!!



Please answer the following questions:
1. What breed are you?
Mutt.

2. How old are you?
No one seems to know. (Farm Chick Paula: I think he's around 8 or 9...)

3. What is your full name?
Smokey.

4. Do you have any nicknames?
Smokebomb, the Smokester.

5. Where do you usually sleep?
On the front porch on my pillow; unless it's cold outside, then I sleep curled up by the fire like this. (Yay!)

6. What is your favorite thing to do? Sleep...


7. What is something unusual/interesting about you?

I don't like dog food. I prefer people food. Unless the chickens are eating my dog food, then I run them away and force myself to eat it so they can't. And I love my late night pieces of cheese from Farm Chick.

8. Who is your best friend?
Lady, my neighbor.


9. Did you go to obedience school...if so were you "TOP DOG" or did you flunk out?
I was way too smart for school.... (Farm Chick Paula: He really is the smartest dog I've ever seen... sometimes I'm afraid to leave my checkbook and credit cards where he could find them!)

10. Can you do any tricks?
Not really, I'm usually too busy watching over my chickens....

However, I can pout really well. (Farm Chick Paula: This is so true. Smokey somehow knows when it is Sunday morning, because when we're leaving for church... he will lay next to the door and won't even look at us.)


Thank you, Smokey.... now he wants to pass this tag on to...

Lenya from Renna's blog, Finding my Knitch

Sophie from Kathleen's blog, Eggs in my Pocket

Chance from Debbie's blog, The Southern Mom



Thanks Tracey, this was fun!!

29 comments:

  1. What a life!!!!
    My dog Oreo won't look at me when I go to church either.
    Brenda:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what a cute pup! He sounds like quite the character!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to get to know you a little better, Smokey- what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for playing Smokey!
    We loved learning a little more about you, you handsome little guy!!!
    Love, Bassie, Lady and Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dog tag--what an awesome idea!!!! And it was so cute to read...tell Smokey I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVED getting to know Smokie better! ;-Þ He has the most soulful eyes. That dog could get human food out of me any day of the week! ;-)

    Leyna is pleased to have been tagged, and accepts the challenge. Shd did ask that I tell you she'll need a couple of days to contemplate her replies, though, and to stress that she does not do autographs! ;-Þ

    Fun post, Paula! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Smokey (and Paula, of course). Chance couldn't wait...it's already posted (he's such a camera hound...bwahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cute! What a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smokey is soooo cute!! What a great dog, very smart too. How long have you had him?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Smokey is so adorable!! I'm glad to know all the facts about him!

    R~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post, especially love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dog is just the cutest thing! Can you stop by my blog? I gave you (and Hamburger) an award.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness. I'm in love. He is absolutely darling.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Smokey ! What a wonderful dog you are. I think Farm Chick Paula and her family know it too. You would love our farm dogs, and maybe our farm chickens too !Do you get to ride on the ATV often ? How did you get your family to accommodate you this way ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute post!! I enjoyed it Smokey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute cog Smokey is! Tell Smokey that Sophie is delighted that he tagged her and we are going outside today for some worthy snapshots. A lady must look her best you know....{: Will get them posted this week. Thanks for sharing the fun! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paula, that is so cute!
    Smokey is adorable!
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Smokey for letting us get to know you a little. Lucky you to live with a family where they give you nice treats.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWWWWWWWW.....Smokey is so cute and I love his answers!!!! Congratulations on your dog tag Smokey!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Pictures! Smokey you may be a mutt but you are so cute! It's been awhile since I've been on your blog so I just had to scroll on down and check to see how the chickens were doing and they look adorable. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Farm Chick, I am responding to your question about Suffolk wool. We had Suffolks for awhile, they are my daughter's breed of sheep of choice. Our shearer has Suffolks, and his daughters do spin their wool. Really, you can spin any wool but have you considered lockerhooking ! Suffolk wool is wonderful for lockerhooking rugs. Lockerhooking is easy, and once you master the easy technique, you can lockerhook your wool while watching movies, visiting, etc., and you will have a very durable and usable rug that will last a long time !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Paula, Smokey is Top Dog in my book-he's adorable! He loves his chicken job, doesn't he?
    Love, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awe....he's so smart and cute!! What a full life and so many opinions! :) We are looking at a dog tomorrow to bring home....I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, Miss Paula....
    You, I mean, Smokey has me cracking up here!!!!
    You being scared to leave your checkbook and credit cards... girl, you should be a comedienne!!!

    I just love mutts. They truly are the best dogs! That's all I ever had, growing up. But the 2 we have,now, have papers -- AND an attitude! The little snobs!!!

    Thank you for the laughs!
    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Miss Paula,

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog page. I loved the story of Smokey. He's too adorable. Aren't pets the best? My three dogs are such an important part of our lives. We had a cat for almost 10 years too, and he was killed in September 2008 doing what he loves to do.. scavage the neighborhood. He wasn't an outdoor kitty for about 8 years... but the last couple of years we couldn't keep him in the house. But he died a happy kitty. Anyhow... I don't mean to depress anyone... he lived a happy life.

    Loved the "tagged" questions about your pooch! It was great.

    Ya know, we got so busy shoveling dirt back into the ditch yesterday, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. I was pooped by the afternoon, but I had to go to work at the neighborhood market at 4 in the afternoon. I didn't take one stinking photo! Can you believe it? I'll take some "after" and "after" pictures. :)

    Hugs,
    Penny Sue

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww How adorable!Dutchess the Great Dane sends Smokey big hugs!!Such a great tag game too.Dutchess wnats to play too.LOL HUgs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Paula,
    I FINALLY got around to answering Smokey's tag and interviewed the pack here! Thanks for the great fun! Love, mare

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~ I would love to hear from you!